Tomato Basil Soup
Perfect for rainy afternoons, this Tomato Basil soup is easy to make and will be loved by your whole family. Using our Almond Milk base this soup will warm your soul.
- 8 tomatoes (quartered)
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced)
- ½ red onion (sliced)
- 1 head garlic
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup fresh basil
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup Planut Milk Almond Base
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Make ½ cup of Planut Almond Milk by adding base to water and blending for 15 seconds.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut off the top of a garlic head and place it on a lined baking sheet along with the tomatoes, red pepper, and onion.
- Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables and generously sprinkle salt and pepper on top. Mix everything together until the vegetables are coated in oil and seasoning. Bake the vegetables in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove the garlic head from the baking sheet and squeeze out the soft, paste-like cloves into a blender.
- Add the roasted vegetables to the blender, along with fresh basil, vegetable broth, Planut Almond Milk, oregano, red pepper flakes, and extra salt and pepper.
- Blend everything together until the soup is smooth and well-combined. If desired, garnish the soup with additional basil and spices.